Welcome to our Dedicated, Dependable and Dignified Home Care Service
We are looking beyond your physical condition.
Why are we the “Right Choice”
- At Emerald Choice Homecare we respect the fact that you chose homecare over other options because you don’t want to surrender your individuality and independence.
- Our goal is to personalize your care plan to meet your
and serve as your Trusted care advisor.
- We focus on how we can contribute to your overall well-being not just your health challenges or limitations.
- We are committed to refining our care model to support you live your best life in old age!
What happens when you delay asking for help?
The CDC reports that nearly a 1/3 of U.S. seniors fall each year and about 1/2 of all falls that require hospitalization take place at home. A NIH study also found that 40% of seniors take 5 or more prescription medications and 90% take at least one prescription, yet as many as 55% of seniors take their medications incorrectly.
After observing the morbidity, mortality, and loss of independence our clients endure as a side effect of falls, we made the decision to incorporate fall prevention to our CORE mission and launched our “Intervene to Prevent Falls” Program.
- Manager/ Care Coordinator – Certified Senior Home Safety Specialist – helps you optimize your environment in a way that allows you to live with less risk of falling.
- Caregivers – Mandatory Fall Prevention in Older Adults course
- Clients – Our in-take process for all clients includes fall risk assessment.
Wake-up and Tuck-in Services
- Assistance getting out of bed
- Bathing, grooming, getting dressed
- Breakfast preparation & medication reminders.
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Assistance getting ready for bed / getting into bed.
Personal Care Services
- Bathing and personal hygiene services
- Meal planning and preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Monitor client’s physical and mental state. Exercise, activities you enjoy. (gardening, walking in the park, or mall), hobbies (painting, drawing, knitting)
- Transportation to medical appointments, social events, shopping, errands
- Shopping, light Housekeeping and other household needs
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care -Due to the loss of memory and cognitive abilities, familiar surroundings are important to Alzheimer’s patient’s overall well-being and helpful to avoid triggers that cause more confusion in an already confusing world.
- Parkinson’s, Diabetics, and other Chronic diseases
We are your support system to complement the time when family caregivers are unable to be there.
Emerald Choice is licensed by the Texas Health and Human services, our caregivers are screened, background checked, bonded and insured, protecting you from liability and theft.
Even though we make the selection, you are not stuck with the caregiver we assign. If you do not feel we made the right choice you can request a new caregiver until you meet the one that satisfies your needs.
should be someone
whom you trust,
with, and look
forward to her/his
Our primary goal
is to help you